Monday, June 10, 2013

Simple Strategies


Hey! It’s Kasia here and I’d like to share with you a mini book made mostly with June kit and embellie add on kit! There is also one extra piece from paper add on as well as some basic medias from my personal stash! If you are interested in some simple strategies tips and tricks, please read on! Welcome to the world of my summer holiday!

June mini cover June mini p1 June mini p2 June mini p3 June mini p4 June mini p5 June mini p6

And here are some simple strategies and ideas which I hope will inspire you to create some cute summer mini books!

June mini det1

Be playful with your cover! Don’t be afraid to mix some colors and textures- it makes everyone want to grab your mini book and have a look through it! Beside of paper I used here chipboard photo from embellie kit and stickers, gauze and handmade banner which you will find in the main kit! Remember to attach well all the elements!

June mini det2

I often incorporate elements of packaging or these pieces which would normally be thrown away in my projects. I used a piece of die-cut from main kit as an extra layer under the photo. Would you say it was actually a piece meant to be a leftover?:)

June mini det3

Mixing different alphabets, fonts and elements gives a trendy, typographic look. On this page I combined sentence stamped with a Jen Boom’s stamp, phrases cut from paper from paper add on kit and a glitter thicker from the main kit.

June mini det4

Adding some embellishments over the photographs helps them to pop off the page and brings a focus to them- phrase stickers from the main kit are perfect for this trick!

June mini det5

Also you can use embellishment to cover less interesting part of the picture. I added a sticker and photo frame from the main kit in the burned out piece of the photograph- it helped me to cover its weak spot and brought some fun detail to the page.

June mini det6 June mini det6a

I like breaking the linear look of long phrase stamps. Try to attach your stamp to the block with a little curve- you will get a totally new look!

June mini det7

Don’t be afraid of handwritten journaling in your albums and on layouts! I very often ask my boyfriend or people who were with us during the documented event to add some thoughts from them to the book. It’ll be a precious memory in years to come!

12 comments:

  1. love your mini album! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini album is wonderful! Thank you for the helpful ideas, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am loving this, Kasia. The little guy is so cute and you have inspired me to do a mini book !

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful album Kasia..and so many fab techniques!..love the stamp one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mini, Kasia! Love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute!!! Love the stamps and all your neat techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mini Kasia!!! I love the colors, the structure and the photos! It is all so summery and happy :) Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply Stunning Kasia!! The colors are amazing, the amount of details is just crazy. You are so tallented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks a lot my dears!!
    I'm glad you feel inspired by it, can't wait to see what you will make with your June kits- it's not difficult to make something pretty when you work with kit like these, believe me :) huge hugs!!

    ReplyDelete