Saturday, December 6, 2014

Kit Love With Sandy

Hi it's Sandy with my first Kit Love post. Since we are well and truly into the holiday season, I thought I'd share some of my favourite things from the December Kits for scrapping about Christmas and the end of year. To begin how festive are these gold embellishments from the Comforts of Home Main Kit and the Joyful Tidings Embellishment Kit. It'll be difficult to resist using these foil stickers, vellum die-cut shapes and gold-flecked enamel dots to give my projects a celebratory feel.

y1
 
 
Next I'm sharing two of my favourite patterned papers : the grey and white September Skies Aspen Paper and the dark wood-grain Open Book Dearest Paper, which incidentally matches perfectly with the Jillibean Soup Label Sticker as you can see in this photo of my gift tag. It graces a homemade giftbox crafted out of the cardboard that Trina tucks into every Citrus Twist Main Kit to ensure  patterned papers reach us without dog-eared corners. Two pieces of cardboard are all that's needed to create a 4" box with lid that's great for sweet treats or soft, textile gifts like handkerchiefs and socks.   
 
b5
 
 
Finally here's a look at some of the smaller items that I intend to use for creating embellishment clusters. You can find vellum circles (these Day/Month/Year ones will be perfect for layouts about celebrating the new year), wood chip and puffy sticker banners, more enamel dots in glossy black and chipboard numbers (part of the mistable alpha set from Heidi Swapp). I hope you enjoyed this look at some of my favourite supplies from the December Citrus Twist Kits and do hop over to the Gallery to get more inspiration from our designers on how to use these supplies on layouts and project life spreads.  
 
x2
 
 

 
December Kits Featured :  Comforts of Home Main Kit, Joyful Tidings Embellishment Kit, Christmas Lane Paper Paper Kit
Styling Props : satin ribbon, gold button, gold-flecked tulle
  

2 comments: