Monday, September 21, 2015

LET'S GET DIGITAL WITH JANINE, EMMA & TRINA


Hi everyone, it's Janine here with this month's edition of 'Let's Get Digital'!

I am always excited when I am doing a blog post, and this time I am even more so. Because we are going to show you three possibilities to use the files, I had the pleasure to create for this feature, as well as some additional journaling card cut files that Emma created!

I am going to start with the files and the layout that I created using them:

Normally the planning of my layouts starts with the photo and story I want to tell. This is one of the few layouts that started with an embellishment. And this embellishment was a sticker from this month's Embellishment Kit 'Little Old You'. Its colors are black and cream and it says 'Be kind and brave. That's all you'll ever need to be.' That's an amazing quote, isn't it?

It somehow led me to the thought that my son is going to go through a lot of moods in his life. Neutral, happy, sad, cheeky, angry - all these and a lot of more. So I decided to create a layout, maybe giving him some advice, with this sticker. But I also wanted to emphasize all the different moods that he will be going through. What to do? My idea was then to create some different emojis, that could be used as digital stamp brushes and/or could be easily transformed into cut files ...

ctk-sept15-janinelanger-emoji-preview

Now I had the sticker and the emojis. But which photo to use?

I already knew the journaling was going to be an advice and wishes for him and his future life that says:" Life is an adventure. You will never know what is going to happen. I hope and pray that the laughter and happy times will outweigh the sad times."

So I decided to go with a photo of my son laughing. Well - he is 12 and on most of the recent photos he is not laughing, not even smiling. He is cool.

But then I found a photo I took about two weeks ago, when he asked me to take a picture of him sitting on his new couch in his room. And there he was smiling, yeah! I had to crop the photo, so only his face was showing, because I wanted his smile to be in focus, and not his room, and I really like the way it turned out. :)

janinelanger-ctk-sept2015-banner-005

The layout came together rather quickly, once I had the photo, the sticker and the emojis. The journaling I wanted to use led me to the journaling card of a cut apart patterned paper from this month's Main Kit that says 'Adventure' on it. That's a no brainer, it fit perfectly!

janinelanger-ctk-sept2015-005a

I turned the emojis into a cut file, cut them out of kraft cardstock and then again backed them up with another piece of kraft cardstock. 

As the layout is quite simple and needed a bit more interest and dimension, I folded the kraft cardstock (that I used for the background and for layering) a few times and then stuck them under a pile of books for an hour to get them really flat again.

I added some splatters, string, stitching and enamel dots … that's it!

janinelanger-ctk-sept2015-005b

But that's not it for today, because Trina also created a layout using the emoji files!
She also turned them into cut files and made a beautiful 6x8 layout, using this month's PL kit

ctk-sept15-trinastahlcraig-emjoylayout-001

Isn't it absolutely gorgeous with its paper strips, stitching, stamping and layering? Love it!
She also painted the emoji with Aladine iZink ink (yellow) and it really does pop! 

ctk-sept15-trinastahlcraig-emjoylayout-001a

And - there's even more! I'm so excited to show you Emma's layout and the cut-files she created. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Super excited to be joining Janine and Trina for today's blog post and working with the super cute emoji digital file Janine created!  How can you not love them?! :)  I thought it would be fun to try these in a couple ways; the first being the most obvious, a layout and the second, create some Pocket Life cards!

For my layout I wanted to have a bunch of them layered at the bottom of my page so I cut two of the faces at different sizes, think I ended up with around 10 of each - mostly cut out of white cardstock but a few out of vellum too.   

2015-09-19_CTK_Yum_1A

2015-09-19_CTK_Yum_4

The title is also cut with the Cameo, it's a digital stamp (from Kellie Stamps) and I just traced it to create the cut file (super easy to do this in the Designer Edition with any PNG file).  For the top of my page I went with the "hello" talk bubble paper from the Pocket Life kit because with all those faces down the bottom, it seemed fitting :)

2015-09-19_CTK_Yum_2

The Pocket Life cards were simple too - just drew up a couple rectangles (went with rounded corners but you can easily just draw your own square cornered rectangles if that's your preference!) - added the faces and set some joins so the faces didn't fall out of the cards once cut. 

20150919_CTK_PL-Cards_2

20150919_CTK_PL-Cards_4

There are so many other options for using these cute little faces on your cards; I can definitely see myself going back and using them again (and again..).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, isn't this great? Thanks so much for joining in with me, Trina and Emma! And I know I'm definitely going to use those adorable journaling cards on future projects. :)

To get your hands on the emojis and journaling card cut files, just join us on our Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan Page where you'll be able to find it as a download.

We hope you enjoy! And we would love to see how you use them, so be sure to link your project up in the gallery, in the comments or on the Fan FB page!

1 comment: