Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hello with Christin

Christin here today to share with you a layout on how to use a lot of small pieces of scraps for your layout (and maybe also a background you were not really happy about.......

Full layout



A long while ago I played with different yellow paints - including  Izink Pigment Ink. Unfortunately it felt a little too bright yellow so I let the whole page rest, but for this page where the purpose was to use scraps I wanted to think about reusing this page.


There are a few tips on how to tone down a very colored page; first you paint a thin layer of white paint, I used a rubber thingy with stripes to spread out the paint. This way you make sure the layer isn't completely even and thick.  To add more effect you add drops of mist and stamps. A second way is to add a thick layer of gesso/modeling paste with a stencils with small patterns.  Together you get a much softer look.



On to the layers of paper.  If you have lots of scraps of paper left a good idea is to cut them in different sizes. I measured the photo and made one size just a tad bigger than the photo and other the same size and a few a little bigger. To add contrast between the papers I added a thin black stripe near the edges.  Then I just spread the papers all over the middle part of the page.  The fun thing about layering the pages is that it's very easy to add small pieces here and there, like a piece of washi tape here and there and pieces of ephemera underneath here and there.




Hope I have inspired you to use your scraps. I have used the November Main kit " Happy Lane", the Sprinkles and the "Hello Tomorrow" Embellishment kit.



No comments:

Post a Comment