Thursday, December 17, 2015

Inspiration with Chantal

Hi everyone!

It feels like it's been forever but I am so happy to be back amongst the CTK ladies and today, I'll be sharing the inspiration behind my "In the name of fun" project.

Like many of you, I am an avid "pinner". My Pinterest account is filled with the many things that inspire me and the photo/project below caught my attention last year. I decided to translate it into a layout for one of my projects this month.

Donna Watson Art on Tumblr



I first started off by printing my photo directly onto my background but reduced the opacity a bit in Photoshop prior to the printing stage. I then did the same with my photo but kept the opacity at 100%.

I then hand cut my photo to make sure it wasn't exactly a perfect circle, glued it onto my background and stitched it down with some red thread for contrast.


I also cut out some strips of patterned paper, glued them to the bottom and kept the remainder of my project pretty simple. The tag was added for some text space since my background photo is pretty dark and the remainder of the items were adhered to the bottom of my page including a snippet of text I cut out from a piece of paper from the December Patterned Play #1 Add-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment