Monday, November 21, 2016

Live For The Journey | Elsie Robinson

Hey everyone! It's Elsie on the blog today and I've got a 12x12 layout to share with you all.


If I'm being honest, this layout took a completely different direction to the one I started out with. I love creating soft and whimsical layouts, but I wanted to challenge myself to create a really bold and graphic layout.

In some ways I think I still achieved that look, but I still kinda ended up with the cutesy-whimsical-thing! But I'm totally not sorry... I think this layout blends those two looks pretty well. 


I was inspired by the angular shapes and patterns in the kit, and also this kit's namesake: Ralph Waldo Emerson. I took one of his more famous quotes ("Live for the journey, not the destination"), and went for an adventure/travelling theme which works perfectly with this month's kit. 

The puffy sticker campervan from the Sprinkles Add-On, worked perfectly with the theme, and it looks so seriously adorable!


The stamp sets in each kit are divine. I used some of them with some light beige ink to create some subtle details on the background. 


Also, I absolutely love the way the photo kind of seamlessly works into the layout. This is something I've never done before, but it's definitely something I'll be doing again. I think it adds to the playful vibe of this layout.


Thanks for joining me today, I had a blast making this and I hope you got some fun and inspirational ideas for your layouts!

- Elsie x

No comments:

Post a Comment