Saturday, September 9, 2017

3-to-Inspire with Trina

Hi everyone! It's 3-to-Inspire Saturday and we hope you'll join us for this scrapbooking challenge. Each Saturday Citrus Twist provides three prompts to get those creative juices flowing. To play along and be eligible for a fun prize, make sure and post your project in the CTK Gallery with today's date (Sept. 9) in the title. Now lets get to those prompts!
3-to-Inspire day is always one of my favorites on the blog. Today I'm sharing a pocket page spread that I made remembering the last vacation I took with my daughter before she went to college.

These are your 3 challenges:
  1. Use a repeating motif on your page. (I used crosses.)
  2. Do some sort of fussy cutting on your page.
  3. Celebrate something you did as a child.
I made these pages using both our brand new "Twin Falls" scrapbooking kit and pocket page kit. (You can view them here.)

Here is my mini 6" x 8" scrapbook page:


I had so many embellishments and papers - and a darling gray speckled alphabet - to choose from, it was hard to decide where to start. Since I was working with a black-and-white photo, I decided to keep my color palette minimal.


My 6" x 8" Handbook album is the format I've used for my PL for a few years now. I generally have a small "mini" scrapbooking layout facing a page with 3" x 4" cards or 4" x 6" cards.

It's always fun going home to where I grew up but I have to admit it's even more fun when I see my daughter doing the same things that I did when I was young. This is part of your challenge: celebrate something you did as a child! (Don't you just go aargh! when you have a typo. I always go with the flow though.)


Here are a couple of close-ups.



We can't wait to see what you do with the challenge!

Trina

2 comments: